Welcome

Welcome to my blog.

The Nokia N900 is a very underrated thing of beauty, an almost perfect device but lacking in one key element... Usability!

This is a device that out of the box is an amazing piece of hardware with the curse of a severely under developed Operating System, things didn't get any better as Nokia almost immediately dropped the Maemo OS to move on with a new venture in Meego. Fortunately development was handed over to the community and has recently bloomed.
The N900 is still a device that will seem like a slab of stone with a chisel unless the user is quite technically minded and that's the purpose of this blog, to inform people of the wonderful things that can be done to turn this device into a killer!

Saturday 25 September 2010

Maps

Maps Maps Maps!

I Love a good Mapping application, mainly because I can never find my way around anywhere!

I have tried pretty much all of the map applications on the n900 to date and only two have really stood out at me.

- CloudGPS -


Here is the creators post http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58402

The beautiful thing about this app is that its OpenGL ES based, and it really does look smooth, just needs a navigation system and search feature and I think this may become one of the greatest mapping applications around for a mobile.











-Sygic Mobile Maps-




This App is amazing! Better than any mapping application I ever used on my old n95 including Tom Tom Navigator. Its rich in features and incredibly user friendly, a must have GPS tool. I recently found the need to Navigate myself around a small remote island on Greece and didn't want to use Ovi Maps and get hit with crazy data charges, Sygic worked perfectly for me as it has pre-downloaded maps. I really would recommend spending the 60 euro on this as it is just as good if not better than any GPS device on the Market going for around 200 euro.

No comments:

Post a Comment